Finally!! An easy tutorial for dutch braids!
Here's how to get 2016's biggest hair trend!
If you thought pigtails were just for 5-year-old girls, it's time to fast forward to 2016! This season, double dutch braids (or boxer braids) are BIG! It's the go-to hairstyle for the Kardashian sisters, and has been seen on too many runways and festival style guides to mention! There are many ways to wear the dutch braid too! You can go with the simple single or double braid, or even mix is up like Khloe Kardashian did here...
Dutch braids aren't only for workouts or chilled weekends, though. Hailey Baldwin proves that this style is so versatile, it can be dressed up or down..... I mean, how sexy does she look here??
There's just one problem..... dutch braids are notoriously difficult to create. That is, until you've found the right tutorial! Head over to the next page for a step-by-step guide on getting the perfect dutch braid!
Here's how to get a dutch braid, step by step.
1. Add a styling product to your hair to help smooth it out.
2. Separate your hair into two even sections using a comb.
3. Tie one section off with a hair tie to that it doesn't get braided into the other side.
4. Take a strand of hair from the top of your head and using two fingers separate it into 3 even parts.
5. Begin your braid from middle strand, working your way outwards.
6. Continue to collect more hair with every strand as your work down the braid.
7. Once you reach the base of your neck, continue the braid as normal and secure with an elastic.
8. Pin back any loose strands using bobby pins.
9. For a fuller, more voluminous braid, fluff out the hair and remove some strands near the ears to frame the face.
10. Repeat on the other side.
It might take a few tries, but once you've got it, it will be so worth it! Happy braiding! :)